- IPA: /həʊpɪŋ/
- present participle of hope
- "There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find adventure and those who go secretly hoping they won't." — William Trogdon
- being optimistic toward
- "I'm hoping the weather will be sunny tomorrow."
- filled with or inspiring hope (uncommon)
- "A hoping situation is not yet desolate."
appetitive, aspiring, assured, confident, desiderative, desireful, desiring, desirous, eager, expectant, fond, full of hope, hopeful, hormic, in good heart, in hopes, lascivious, libidinal, libidinous, lickerish, lustful, needing, of good cheer, of good hope, optative, sanguine, tempted, undespairing, wanting, wishing